Saturday, June 21, 2014

Nothing like an argument with Sam the night before to get me out if bed and ready to exert some pent up energy and emotion! 

I messaged simone to see if she had been for a walk, plans were made :: meet at the hut in 15! A quick dress in fitness garb, a stealth exit from the house with no one noticing me slip out of the house And a text msg to Sam to let him know where I've gone! Free :: first alone me walk in, well I reckon 3 years !!! 

I sat at the beach hut watching the north wind swept water smoosh onto the sand at high tide, watching the sunrise, picturing my dad sitting, bent with  elbows on knees beside me and standing, hands in his pockets of his country week jumper at the edge of the water. Kizi, sniffing freely around. Simone arrived with a yap from poppy and off we go, me wondering if I'm slowing her long leg strides down. 

We walked to the point, up the sandy track to the 'caravan park', up to the water tower and home. 

Then I devoured yesterday's pear cake for brekky amongst whinges, whines, moans and tears from unsettled and worn out kids. And it's only 8.20! 

A walk to auskick with jake and Matilda. (Sam and Abby left a but earlier while I cut fruit and packed snacks.). 

Kids settled and a really nice day so far!

I think I'll do the walk again tomorrow. That was life giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing in some of the moments of our life!